Every successful team needs a good captain... could that be you?
Walk for LIfe/5k LifeRun teams are a great way to have fun while impacting the world on behalf of LIFE. Teams consist of 3 or more individuals who commit to doing the walk or run together. Team Captains work to spread the news about CPC and help others become involved in the Walk for Life/5k LifeRun. So here's your chance to exercise your creative, passionate, and maybe (slightly) competitive side by creating a team and challenging another team to meet or beat your team's fundraising goal!
Here's how to be a Team Captain in 6 easy steps:
- Think of a team name and register your team online here.
- Invite, recruit and help register your teammates. Tell people why you are walking and what CPC means to you. When someone joins your team, have them register here.
- Show your team the Walk for Life/5k LifeRun video.
- Distribute the Walk for Life/5k LifeRun pledge forms and sponsor cards to each team member. Set team goals to coincide with individual goals.
- Coach your team on getting sponsorships (e.g. asking coworkers, family, friends, teachers and small group members) both online and in person.
- Attend the walk with your team and have fun!
ASU TEMPE Teams
Team Captain: Someone Awesome
Team Members: A. Buncha Others
2017 Fundraiser Ranking: #1
Amount Raised: $12,439
ASU WEST Teams
Metzger Small Group
Team Captain: Justin Othr Walker
Team Members: Fleetfooted wonders
2017 Fundraiser Ranking: #5
Amount Raised: $4,470